POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lighting : Re: Lighting Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting
From: Dan P
Date: 6 Feb 2004 00:05:47
Message: <402320ab$1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message

> Bad advice, IMO. The most realistic method that I've found is to use an
> entirely transparent texture (a pigment with rgbf 1), and media or
> interior attenuation for coloring. A colored transparent texture is like
> a thin film covering the coffee, but this simulates color throughout the
> body of the coffee.

Thanks for the tip! It makes sense to make the actual liquid itself the
color and not just the skin around the outside. The reason I did it that way
was for speed, really; I find interior media to really slow down my
renderings and I like to do a lot of animation with motion blurs so I throw
out a lot of frames. However, for a still-shot, I think Chris is definitely
right here -- it'll make the light interact with the coffee better.